This ice cream is so scrumptious & has a deliciously creamy chocolatey texture which will satisfy any ice cream lovers without any of the usual sugar laden fatty ingredients.
Ingredients Serves 4
- 3 ripe bananas
- Juice of one lemon Preparation time 15 minutes
- ½ tsp of cinnamon Freeze over night
- 1 can 400ml of coconut milk
- 5 tsp of raw cacao chocolate
- 2 teaspoons of maple syrup
- Squeeze the juice of one lemon.
- Purify the 3 bananas & add the lemon juice to your banana mixture.
- Put the coconut milk in the ice cream blender & slowly add the banana & lemon mixture along with the cinnamon & the raw cacao. Finally add the maple syrup to sweeten your ice cream.
- Allow your mixture to mix thoroughly before freezing. I left mine for approximately 15 minutes.
- Once frozen simply enjoy with your favourite berries & nuts of your choosing.
You can eat this delicious ice cream knowing it is healthy for you without any hidden sugars or bad fats.
It already has natural sugars from the banana along with potassium & pectin. The bananas mixed with the juice of one lemon are the magic ingredient & help create that whipped, rich & silky ice cream consistency without any of the additional dairy & hidden sweeteners.
The raw cacao is one of the richest sources of phosphorous, iron & manganese. It also contains high levels of Oxytocin & other “ feel good” chemicals in the brain. The cinnamon will help balance your blood sugar levels & offers additional flavour to the dish.
I prefer to use maple syrup to sweeten because it offers around 54 antioxidants that can help delay or prevent diseases caused by free radicals., & I like the sweet flavour in this dish.
This guilt-free & vegan ice cream makes a scrumptious frozen treat which would fool any ice cream connoisseur you may know.