They are gluten & dairy free, healthy cracker alternatives.
- Sundried tomatoes
- Flax seeds
- Sunflower seeds
- Soak the flax seeds in 1 cm of water for an hour.
- Finely chop & process both the olives & sundried tomatoes.
- Add the sunflower seeds to the food processor, & process until the mixture becomes sticky.
- Mix the processed mixture together with the soaked flaxseeds.
- Grease a baking tray with coconut oil & spread the cracker mix evenly about 2mm thick.
- Gently cut the shape of each cracker. This will make it easier to cut after they have been cooked.
- Cook for an hour at 100 C heat, until crisp.
- Allow to cool before serving with your favourite healthy dip.
Flax seeds are loaded with fibre, both soluble & insoluble. They are fantastic at removing excess oestrogen from the body & contain lignins, which have lots of antioxidant qualities.
Importantly they are a natural source of omega 3 essential fatty acids.
Sun dried tomatoes are an excellent source of minerals, especially potassium, magnesium, iron, manganese, copper, phosphorus, and vitamin K & niacin.
Olives mostly contain healthy fats like oleic acid & palmitoleic acid which help lower “Bad cholesterol”. They also contain antioxidants such as vitamin E & carotenoids, which play a role in fighting against inflammation, diabetes & heart disease.
Sunflower seeds are a good source of vitamin B6, thiamine, magnesium, copper, phosphorus, manganese & selenium. They are also a good source of vitamin E & fibre.
These crackers are packed full of natural fibre & really help satisfy your appetite. You will be nourishing your body & benefiting your gut.