This snack not only provides you with super food sustained energy, they are such a tasty healthy snack, which you will probably want to have one as a treat every day!
These are made with natural food without any sweeteners, which make them healthier than any super food balls found in shops.
This recipe will take you a total of 5 minutes to prepare.
- 5 minutes 10 servings
- 100 grams of almonds
- 50 grams of apricots
- 50 grams of dates
- 3 table spoons of cashew nut butter
- 25grams of flaxseeds
- 25grams of raw cacao
- 3 tablespoons of coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of chia seeds
- Put all the ingredients into the food processor and blend slowly until all the ingredients are well mixed. The ingredients may need stirring, considering the thick texture.
- Spread the ingredients onto parchment paper.
- With your hands, kneed and roll the mixture into 10 individual balls.
- Place the balls in a Tupperware and store in the fridge.
This snack contains good fatty acids and gives you a fantastic slow releasing energy boost treat with out any added sweetners. Almonds and coconut oil are associated with reducing the risk of heart disease, and they also contain magnesium, which is great for detoxification.
Magnesium, aids in the absorption of calcium in the body , while the zinc actively supports the body’s immune system.
The almonds are a low GI food, which releases its energy slowly. They are an excellent source of B vitamins and vitamin E which has amazing antioxidant action and is known for its lowering of LDL effects.
The Flax seeds are such a powerful superfood and there is plenty of evidence that they reduce the risk of heart disease, cancer, stroke and diabetes.
The cinnamon works towards lowering your bad cholesterol LDL.It’s also fantastic in balancing blood sugar levels in the blood along with its anti fungal properties, which is great for fat loss. The benefit in this recipe is that the cinnamon will inhibit bacterial growth and food spoilage so these super balls will keep in the fridge up to one week.