You simply wont believe these brownies are actually good for you because they taste so divine. They are completely indulgent & taste amazing with only a few simple ingredients.
- ½ a cup of pecans
- ½ cup of walnuts
- 1 cup of medjool dates
- 5 tablespoons of raw cacao
- 4 tablespoons of shredded coconut
- 2 tablespoons of maple syrup
- Start by blending all the nuts in the food processor until they form a crumbly mixture
- Then add the pitted dates, raw cacao, shredded coconut & maple syrup.
- Once your mixture has formed a sticky consistency place into a baking tray & press firmly into shape.
- Place in the fridge for approximately an hour to set or the freezer for 10 minutes, if you desire your brownies quicker.
- Then cut into squares & serve with fresh seasonal berries & a sprinkle of coconut for decoration.
These raw brownies despite being dense will help support a weight management plan by providing the natural satiety factor & aiding & supporting digestion.
The pecans & walnuts provide a healthy plant protein & are also rich in essential nutrients & antioxidants such as B vitamins, thiamin, manganese, vitamin E, potassium, calcium, iron, zinc, & selenium.
The shredded coconut makes a healthy addition to your diet because it adds fibre, iron, & healthy fat.
Raw cacao has so many health benefits including magnesium, calcium, sulphur, zinc, iron, copper, potassium, & manganese. They also include fibre & protein & an array of B vitamins.
Maple syrup is my natural sweetener of choice because it has the same beneficial classes of over 54 antioxidant compounds found in berries & tomatoes. These antioxidants help support your own bodies defenses against free radical damage.
These raw brownies satisfy your desire for a sweet indulgent treat while being healthy for you & would make a great afternoon tea treat or dessert.